Home School Students
WPI welcomes applications from home school students. Application requirements are similar to those for other freshman applicants:
- completion of math coursework through pre-calculus
- completion of two lab science courses
- completion of 4 English courses
- science or math teacher's recommendation
- Home school applicant supplement form (PDF)
- SAT or ACT scores (please note that standardized test are required for home school applicants)
- WPI recognizes that each home school student is unique in his or her academic preparation. In order to gain a full understanding of the student's academic preparation, a personal interview with a member of the admissions staff is strongly recommended for all home school students (this interview can be conducted over the phone for students at a great distance from campus). Please visit the interview details page for more information about scheduling an interview.
Home school students have several options to meet WPI's entrance requirements. If they have been affiliated with a recognized home school clearing house program, they should submit these transcripts. If students have attended a traditional high school program for part of their high school careers they should submit those transcripts. Students may also submit certification that they have met their school district requirements for graduation or a GED. In lieu of these options, students may also submit a detailed roster of all academic coursework at the secondary level with supporting documentation attached.
Many home school students also have completed college work at a local two-year or four-year college or university. Transfer credit for college course work will be awarded as appropriate. However, please note that home school students are considered first-year and not transfer students.
Financial Aid Candidates
Candidates for financial aid must obtain one of the following before matriculation at WPI:
- Final high school transcript*
- GED equivalent
- Certification that student has met local school district's graduation requirements
*If your home school program does not provide a final transcript or diploma please contact the Office of Admissions to discuss the appropriate documentation that will be required for enrollment.
If you should have any questions concerning admissions requirements, please contact the Admissions Office at 508-831-5286 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.