Throughout the spring, summer, and fall, WPI offers personal on-campus interviews. Interviews are not required in order to apply to WPI, but are a great opportunity for WPI to get to know you better one-on-one, while you can learn more about WPI and get questions answered.
About Personal Interviews
- Your interview will become part of your file and may influence your admissions decision. If you are unable to interview, your chances for admission to WPI will not be affected.
- We strongly recommend interviews for home-schooled students. We are unable to offer interviews with transfer candidates.
- Interviews are intended for students only. Families can relax in our waiting room and will have a chance to speak with the admissions representative after the interview.
Scheduling an Interview
- Interviews are available March 15–October 25.
- Interviews are for seniors or rising seniors only.
- Appointments are limited, so please contact Admissions at least two weeks in advance at email@example.com or 508-831-5286.
What to Expect
- Interviews are with a WPI admissions counselor or a trained admissions intern.
- Interviews last approximately 30–45 minutes.
- We strongly recommend a campus tour and information session during your visit.
- Be prepared to talk about yourself, including your senior year academic schedule, your interest in WPI, and why you feel that you are a good match for our programs.
- You should feel free to ask questions and share additional personal information.
International Student Interviews
- Interviews are not required, but very helpful in reviewing international student applications.
- You can interview on- or off-campus.
- In order to provide an interview opportunity for all applicants interested in WPI, we have partnered with Initialview and Vericant, which conduct interviews and collect writing samples, and the Duolingo English Test, which includes a short, computer-adaptive English assessment along with an interview and writing samples. The interview will form part of your application package if you opt to sit for the interview.