Scheduling an Interview
Interviews are offered on campus for seniors or rising seniors March 15–November 1. Appointments are limited, so please call the Admissions Office at least two weeks in advance at 508-831-5286 to arrange an interview.
What to Expect
- On-campus interviews are conducted by a WPI admissions counselor or a trained admissions intern and last approximately 30–45 minutes.
- Students interested in interviewing will be granted only one interview, whether on campus or off campus.
- If you have not already attended them, we also recommend a campus tour and an information session during your visit.
- For your interview, be prepared to talk about yourself, including your senior year academic schedule, your interest in WPI, and why you feel that you are a good match for our programs.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions and share additional personal information.
- A summary of your interview will become part of your admission file and may influence the admission decision we make.
- If you are unable to schedule an interview your chance for admission to WPI will not diminish.
- Please note that interviews are intended for students only. Parents and family members are invited to relax in our waiting room during your student’s interview. Parents will have the opportunity to speak with the admissions representative after the interview has concluded.
Personal Interviews for International Students
While interviews are not required, they are helpful in the admissions review of international students. WPI offers options for both on-campus and off-campus interviews. In order to provide an interview opportunity for all applicants interested in WPI, we have partnered with Initialview and Vericant, which conduct interviews and collect writing samples, and the Duolingo English Test, which includes a short, computer-adaptive English assessment along with an interview and writing samples. The interview will form part of your application package if you opt to sit for the interview.