- Post a Job
Handshake is our online job board system used by WPI students and alumni to find full-time, part-time, internship, and co-op opportunities. To post these positions, click here to log-in or register for a Handshake account and connect with WPI. To post a job on behalf of your company, click Job Templates on the left-hand navigation bar and then select the New Job tab on the top right corner of the screen.
- Search Student Resumes
Companies are eligible to search our students/alumni and their resumes in Handshake, along as they have given permission to make their information public. This feature will allow you to search students utilizing various filters, including major, GPA, and class year, to help you narrow down your candidate pool.
- Request On-Campus Interviews
On-campus interviewing utilizing the corporate interview suite at the Career Development Center is available throughout the academic year. Many companies use these as a first screen in place of phone interviews. Having 30-45 minute interviews during the course of a day allows employers and students to find best-fits in an efficient way. Requests can be made through your Handshake account. More information can be found here.
- Request to Host a Company Event On-Campus
Information Sessions are available on most Monday-Thursday evenings throughout the academic year. They are a great way to provide students with more information about your organization and the opportunities available. Tabling in our campus center to interact with a wide range of WPI talent can also be arranged. Requests can be made through your Handshake account. More information can be found here.
- Sign-up for Career Fairs
Attend one of our annual career fairs to meet students and alumni of all degrees and disciplines to fill full-time, internship, and co-op positions. More information can be found here.
Handshake is a powerful, modern platform that enables employers to search for and manage relationships with top talent at universities across the country. Through your WPI Handshake account, you will be able to post jobs, schedule interviews, collect resumes, and register for events.
Services and Capabilities
Instructions for Creating a Handshake Account
Please utilize your work email address to create an ‘Employer Account’ in Handshake via: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
Next, follow the below instructions:
- Fill out the information requested, indicate the types of students you wish to recruit, and click ‘Next: Employer Guidelines’.
- You will then be asked if you are a third party recruiter; select “Yes” or “No” appropriately.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 10 minutes with a link enabling you to verify your account. You won't be able to proceed with the registration process until your account has been confirmed. If needed, it is advised to check your spam folder first before utilizing the Confirmation Email Troubleshooting Guide.
- When you click the link to confirm your account, you will be brought back to Handshake and be given the opportunity to ‘Find and join your company’ (an approval request will be sent to the existing staff members for security purposes which protects your organization's brand on the site and reduces the number of fraudulent employers on Handshake) OR, if your company does not have an existing Handshake profile, to ‘Create New Company’.
- Next, you can begin connecting with schools (Step 4) by clicking the ‘Next: Connect to Schools’ tab located on the upper right side of the screen. You can search for a particular school (WPI) by clicking in the search bar and pressing the grey plus sign. Once the school is added, there will be a blue check mark. Then click ‘Next: Finish’.
- Once you have been approved at your company or created a new one, and approved by WPI, you can start using Handshake to connect with WPI talent!