A critical mission of the Gordon Library is to design, deliver, and assess effective research and information literacy instruction to the WPI community, in alignment with the university’s strategic goals. Services provided by the Library include in-class instruction, research consultations, and outreach program services. If you would like to request some form of library instruction for a course (in-person, online, or both), please use the Library Instruction Request Form, and the instruction librarians will respond promptly. If you have any questions, please email us.
Instruction services include:
- Collaboration on class assignments to help integrate information literacy and library research skills into the class curriculum.
- In-class library instruction in your classroom or a room at the library.
- A research guide created for your course, with relevant resources and information.
- Library assistance and feedback on student work on the Canvas course page.
- Research consultations with individual students and project teams
Additionally, please consider adding a note about Gordon Library to your syllabi. This is some suggested language you might wish to adapt:
The research and instruction librarians at Gordon Library can assist you with a variety of research questions, including how to develop and refine a research topic, how to find and evaluate sources, and how to write citations. Their walk-in office hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm and Saturday, 1pm – 5pm. They work in rooms 202A-C on the main floor of the library. You may also schedule a research consultation with a librarian by visiting http://wpi.libcal.com/appointments/. Research librarians are also available by email (email@example.com) and chat (click the Chat with Us button on the library homepage: https://www.wpi.edu/library).