If you would like to request some form of library instruction for a course (in-person, online, or both), please use the Library Instruction Request Form, and the instruction librarians will respond promptly. If you have any questions, please email us.
Instruction services include:
- Collaboration on class assignments to help integrate information literacy and library research skills into the class curriculum.
- In-class library instruction in your classroom or a room at the library.
- A research guide created for your course, with relevant resources and information.
- Library assistance and feedback on student work on the Canvas course page.
- Research consultations with individual students and project teams
Additionally, please consider adding a note about Gordon Library to your syllabi. This is some suggested language you might wish to adapt:
The research and instruction librarians at Gordon Library can assist you with a variety of research questions, including how to develop and refine a research topic, how to find and evaluate sources, and how to write citations. Their walk-in office hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm and Saturday, 1pm – 5pm. They work in rooms 202A-C on the main floor of the library. You may also schedule a research consultation with a librarian by visiting http://wpi.libcal.com/appointments/. Research librarians are also available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and chat (click the Chat with Us button on the library homepage: https://www.wpi.edu/library).