- Canvas integration: we can add course-related research guides, library resources, and provide virtual assistance on your course's Canvas site.
- Online guides: we can create a research guide tailored to your course's content and assignments.
- In-class instruction: we can visit your class to provide on-site instruction and to work directly with groups on assignments.
- Additionally, please consider adding a note about Gordon Library to your syllabi. This is some suggested language you might wish to adapt:
- The research librarians at Gordon Library can assist you with a variety of research questions, including how to develop and refine a research topic, how to find and evaluate sources, and how to write citations. Their walk-in office hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm and Saturday, 1pm – 5pm. They work in rooms 202A-C on the main floor of the library. You may also schedule a research consultation with a librarian by visiting http://wpi.libcal.com/appointments/. Research librarians are also available by email (email@example.com) and chat (click the Ask Us button on the library homepage: https://www.wpi.edu/library).
The mission of the Research & Instruction (R & I) team is to design, deliver, and assess effective research and information literacy instruction to the WPI community, in alignment with the university’s strategic goals. Services provided by the R & I team include in-class instruction, research consultations, and outreach program services. If you would like to request some form of library instruction for a course (in-person, online, or both), please use the form linked below, and we will respond to you promptly. If you have any questions that you do not include in the form, please email us.