Computers for general use are located throughout the library. Additionally, we offer the following computer access opportunities:
- PCs available on the second and third floors
- A multimedia lab on the first floor, in which students can access specialist software and three Bloomberg terminals
- The Anderson Instruction Labs: computer training labs available to staff and students for library instruction and software training.
- Software installed on computers throughout the library and in the labs
- Wireless computer network access available in the building for personal laptops and those loaned from the IT Service Desk. Contact the IT Service desk to check one out or to set up your wireless access.
Quiet study spaces are available throughout the library. Users may retreat from the dynamic interactions occurring elsewhere in the library to these areas designated for quiet.
- Individual study carrels on the first and third floors.
- Cubicles on the third floor intended for quiet group interaction.
- An inviting reading area, located on the first floor, offers users a quiet and comfortable place to read and relax.
More interactive collaborative spaces are available as well. We invite users to exchanges ideas and share information in one of several unique communal settings.
- The Information Commons on the second floor is for groups or individuals seeking a comfortable place for study and collaboration. It is conveniently located next to the IT Service Desk and the Class of 1970 Café.
- Private Tech Suites are available to reserve throughout the building, and offer the perfect technology-enabled place for group meetings. WPI faculty, staff, and students may request a reservation for a suite in person at the Information Desk, or by contacting a staff member at 508-831-5410. Reservations may also be made through the MS Outlook calendar.
- Group study areas are located on the ground and third floors.
- The Flexible Learning and Instruction Place (FLIP) on the third floor is equipped with moveable tables, rolling whiteboards, and Ethernet cables for flexible study spaces.
Studio @ Gordon is an active learning and exploration space for project teams, student groups, and classes. The space, with capacity for 30-50 people, includes whiteboards, movable and varied furniture, and light supplies for idea generation, making, and building.
Service and information centers are conveniently located on the second floor of the building in the Information Commons.
- The library Information Desk is located just inside the main entrance.
- The IT Service Desk assists users with their technology needs and issues.
- The Academic Technology Center's Technology for Teaching and Learning supports faculty and students in the area of technology.
The Print Center, located next to the Information Commons offers printing, scanning, and photocopying.
- Copiers and printers require a WPI ID or a copy card for payment.
- For details on equipment and fees, visit the Borrow Technology page.
The Class of 1970 Library Café, adjacent to the Information Commons, provides an attractive place to enjoy light refreshments and the company of friends.
Our four floors are easily accessible by all users.
- All floors are accessible by stairs and elevator.
- Restrooms are located on all floors; a handicapped accessible restroom is located on the ground floor.
Nursing Room (Room 203)
The Gordon Library is now offering the WPI community a small but private room suitable for nursing mothers. The room (Room 203) is located on the library's main level (2nd floor/entry level), and is open all hours that the library is open, including evenings and weekends. Find out more and reserve the nursing room on the library's Space & Room Reservations page.