How to Reserve a Tech Suite
To reserve a Tech Suite online, either click the "Reserve A Tech Suite" button on the Library homepage or click here.
You may request a reservation for a Tech Suite in person at the Tech Suite Reservation Station, located at the end of the Information Desk, during library hours or by contacting the Tech Suites hotline at +1-508-831-5094.
Equipment Available in the Tech Suites
Our 11 Tech Suites are designed to comfortably support your needs. They can accommodate groups of up to 8 and come equipped with the following standard technology:
- 50" plasma display
- Dedicated networked PC
- Two additional network ports as well as wireless coverage for the entire room
- Whiteboard with markers and eraser
- Telephone connection
The following additional equipment may be checked out separately for up to three hours at the Information Desk:
- Network cables ($15 replacement charge each)
- HDMI cables ($40 replacement charge each)
- Webcam and microphone
Speaker phone (for outside calls to reach Tech Suite phones, call +1-508-831-5410 and Information Desk staff will transfer the call)
To report technical problems, please contact the Technology Helpdesk at x5888. Please also let library staff know of any problems so that we can alert other Tech Suite users.
Policies and Procedures
Only WPI faculty, staff, and students may reserve and occupy these suites for activities of an academic nature.
- The suites are intended for use by groups of two or more, not as individual private study spaces.
- Each suite may be reserved for up to three hours per group, a limit which will be strictly enforced. Longer periods of time will be permitted only on an as-available basis. Exceptions are the Express Tech Suites, which may only be used for one hour and cannot be reserved in advance.
- Overdue fine for a room remaining occupied beyond the time reserved is $1 a minute.
- The reservation for a Tech Suite may be deleted if individuals have not checked in within 10 minutes of the scheduled time.
- Non-Express Tech Suites may be reserved up to two weeks in advance of the desired reservation time.
- Groups are limited to two advance reservations per week.
- Use of the suites is available during the library's normal business hours. To allow library staff sufficient time to secure the building, suites will close 30 minutes before the rest of the building.
- The door must remain closed and the room locked when not in use.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the room at any time.
- Users must retrieve a key from the Tech Suite Reservation Station to access the reserved suite and return the key when finished with the room.
- You will need your WPI ID to check out the key for the Tech Suite you have reserved.
- The person responsible for the key is also financially responsible for any damage to the room or equipment ($50 fee for the replacement key and an additional fee for the lock replacement).
- Keys may NOT be taken out of the building.
- All group members must leave the room at the end of the reserved time.
For additional information on reserving or using any one of our Tech Suites, visit us at the Tech Suite Reservation Station or call +1-508-831-5094.