Strage Innovation Award Application Deadlines Monday March 15th, 2021
Strage Award established in 2005 through the generosity of Henry and Alberta Strage to help encourage WPI undergraduate students who are interested in innovation and turning new ideas into viable new projects or ventures. Students’ ideas are evaluated by a panel of judges. The award will be given annually. The prize amount is up to $5,000.
The objective of the competition is to develop student knowledge and practical experience in the translation of creative ideas into viable new products, ventures, or licensing opportunities. It may be given to an individual or team involved in submitting their commercial, philanthropic, or social venture ideas
- Submit the Intent to Compete form
- Begin Working on the Statement of Originality and Source of Idea Form
- Written Proposal or Presentation slide deck
- Selected finalist will present on Competition Day
- Innovativeness, demonstrated creativity, and originality of idea
- Technical merit, viability, commercialization strategy
- Quality of presentation and clarity of idea
- Implementation feasibility
- Supporting evidence, market demand, need statement, etc.
For more information and to apply for the Strage Innovation Award, please visit our web page at Strage Innovation Award