This message was sent to the WPI community.
We are writing with a brief update about COVID-19 vaccinations, since Massachusetts has updated its vaccine eligibility criteria and timeline. As it stands now, all WPI students, faculty, and staff will be eligible to be vaccinated no later than April 19.
We strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated as soon as they are eligible at any of the public vaccination sites in Massachusetts. The best vaccine is the first one you can get.
Below are links where you can find information about and sign up for vaccinations in Massachusetts.
- The state’s eligibility requirements are listed here. If you have questions about your eligibility due to medical conditions, contact your healthcare provider.
- You can preregister for a vaccine at one of Massachusetts’ seven mass vaccination sites at any time.
- This is the only way to sign up for a vaccination at the mass vaccination sites.
- After you’ve pre-registered, the Commonwealth will contact you when you're eligible and there is a slot open at one of these sites.
- Once you are eligible, you also can sign up for a vaccination at certain pharmacies, community health centers, and health care providers in Massachusetts. You can search by zip code for these vaccination locations .
We do not know if or when the Commonwealth will allocate more COVID-19 vaccine to WPI and other universities; we will of course be in touch if it does. In the meantime, we strongly urge you to get vaccinated at any public vaccination site as soon as you are eligible so we can build the herd immunity that will allow us to resume more activities as we move into spring and summer.
WPI COVID-19 Vaccine Working Group