This message was sent to the WPI community.
You can now get a rapid antigen COVID-19 test 24/7 through vending machines on campus! All students and employees will have easy access to a free test kit when they need one.
Machines are located at:
- Campus Center, in the main lobby
- Morgan Wedge, near the main entrance
- Unity Hall, fifth floor across from the elevators
- South Village, bottom floor near the elevator
The machines are simple and easy to use:
- Swipe your WPI ID card at the machine. Take one test kit at a time; each test kit contains two tests.
- Students can get up to four dual-test kits (eight tests total) per semester.
- Employees can get up to two dual-test kits (4 tests total) per semester
Reminders about when you should test:
- Test if you’re experiencing symptoms; wear a mask when around others, including when on campus to access the vending machines.
- Test five days after exposure to someone who is COVID-19 positive. (If you test too soon, you may get a false-negative because there may not be enough virus in your system yet.)
- If your test is positive, report it via the Positive Case Form and you’ll get instructions on what to do next. The Public Health Team will be in touch once you fill out the form.
- Scan the QR codes on the machines for COVID-19 resources and information, including what to do if you test positive.
- Use the vending machines instead of going to the testing trailer in the Hackfeld lot.
- You can also buy tests at area pharmacies or online, or you can receive free tests through the post office before September 2 at special.usps.com/testkits.
- For more information, go to wpi.edu/COVID-19-Resources.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
WPI Public Health Team