The message was sent to the WPI community.
- COVID cases are surging in the Northeast and are expected to spike nationally and in our area in the coming weeks.
- The City of Worcester issued a mask advisory last week due to a surge of COVID cases in Worcester and Massachusetts, strongly encouraging the use of masks in public places and when around others.
- Masks are not required on campus but are strongly recommended in all indoor spaces.
- WPI is actively developing COVID mitigation plans for the 2022 fall semester.
Dear WPI Community,
While the academic year has ended and most students have left campus, COVID is still very much with us, and the city is currently experiencing a surge in cases. We ask that you remain cautious to help protect yourself, our community, and others—especially with Memorial Day weekend approaching.
- We strongly recommend using masks when in any indoor spaces on campus. Masks are optional but, given the presence of virus in the area, it’s wise to wear one when around others.
- The City of Worcester issued a mask advisory last week, urging the voluntary use of masks in public places. Please be mindful when visiting area businesses and venues.
- COVID testing on campus is currently offered at the Hackfeld lot from 10 to 11 am, Monday through Friday. We encourage you to test:
- if you are experiencing symptoms
- at least 5 days after exposure to someone with COVID-19
- if you’re concerned you’re at heightened risk of exposure (from large gatherings or travel, for example)
If you test positive for COVID through an at-home test or other mechanism outside of WPI’s on-campus testing, please fill out a positive case form
The Coronavirus Monitoring Group (CMG) is actively developing plans for the fall and will communicate COVID-related protocols over the course of the summer, including any testing plans for the fall. (As a reminder, all members of the WPI community must be fully vaccinated or have an approved exemption to be on campus.) While the coronavirus continues to be somewhat unpredictable, we hope to have as normal a fall as possible.
Wishing you a relaxing and enjoyable summer.
WPI Testing Coordinator