Faculty and staff are needed to help with the Class of 2020 Commencement ceremony on August 7, 2021!
Over 600 members of the Class of 2020, along with their families and friends, are coming back to campus to celebrate their ‘official’ graduation on Saturday, August 7, and we need faculty and staff to help us with this celebration. This is a great opportunity to rekindle relationships with our former students and their family members. (Please note there is no need for fully vaccinated employees to have a COVID test before coming to campus to volunteer.)
Faculty are needed to join in the Processional, and will be seated on the Quad.
- Faculty Line-up @ 8:00 am in front of Boynton Hall in regalia
- Students pass through the faculty on their way across Earle Bridge.
- Faculty then hook onto the end of the Processional and proceed to the Quad, where they will be seated.
- The Commencement Ceremony (approximately 600 candidates):
- We anticipate the Ceremony will last approximately three hours.
- Faculty Sponsors will be hooding approximately 15 PhD’s.
- Each student will cross to the center stage, receive their diploma cover, and have a professional photograph taken before returning to their seat.
Staff volunteers are needed to help with line-up, checking guests tickets, and seating guests on the Quad. Please sign-up here to help us with this major campus celebration!
- After the Ceremony concludes (approximately 12 noon):
- Faculty and staff are encouraged to join the WPI Community BBQ on the Lower Higgins House Lawn.