The School of Arts and Sciences (A&S) offers awards to support conference attendance for students enrolled in A&S graduate programs. These awards are generously funded by the A&S Advisory Board. Funding is competitive and limited.
Deadline for Spring 2022 applications: March 14, 2022 (APPLICATION SITE IS NOW CLOSED)
(note: awards for conferences before March 14 will be considered)
The Dean’s office expects to offer another application date in the Fall; specific dates to be announced later.
- All graduate students enrolled in a program within the School of Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Students must be enrolled as a WPI graduate student at the time of the conference or other activity.
- Students can apply for any upcoming virtual or in-person conference including regional, national, or international professional meetings. Priority will be given, however, to students who are giving oral or poster presentations.
- Students should review carefully all guidance from the conference organization on the policies for canceling an in-person conference due to the pandemic.
- Students may apply for assistance through other WPI programs however receipt of other support may affect decisions for an A&S award.
- There is no limit on the number of graduate students from a professor's research group that may apply but this may affect the award decisions.
- Students receiving an award will be given up to $1,000 towards costs including conference registration and, if applicable, transportation, lodging, and poster printing. (Meals are not covered.) The faculty research advisor or Department/Program should fund any costs not covered by the award. The student should not be responsible for these expenses.
- Students who receive awards will be given instructions on how to submit expense reports to the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences. Expense reports should be submitted within one month of completing the activity.
For questions, please contact Rebecca Ouellette at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension x4964.