Dear Class of 2021,
It seems like only yesterday that your class walked across Earle Bridge together, and now it’s time to celebrate your graduation. Accordingly, we want to update you on our plans for Commencement.
Although the pandemic makes it impossible to hold our traditional large-scale Commencement events, where thousands gather in close proximity on the quad, we are planning for an in-person celebration of your Commencement. Of course, all decisions will continue to follow state guidelines, the latest science, and the recommendations of WPI’s Coronavirus Emergency Response Team.
We know that you are eager to make plans with friends and families to celebrate your graduation from WPI, and we are working to finalize our plans as we actively design smaller in-person events, likely to be assembled by degree programs, departments, and schools.
- These would be spread over the course of several days during the week of May 17-23, 2021.
- More details will be forthcoming very soon via email and our Commencement website regarding:
- Daily Commencement schedules
- Event capacity (including our plan for a limited number of guests to be in the audience)
- Ceremony Format
- Virtual options will be available for those not able to return to campus and for those family members not able to attend in person
- Please do not make any travel arrangements yet; details are subject to change, dependent on the state guidelines in place later in the spring.
We understand that some of you may not be able to return to campus for Commencement for various reasons. We ask that all members of the Class of 2021 please fill out this simple form to let us know your plans, which will help us anticipate a headcount for any in-person events we are able to host.
Our best wishes for a safe spring,
The Core Commencement Committee