This message was sent to WPI students:
The Student Activities Office (SAO) team hopes that the start of the academic year is treating you well. We know that COVID-19 has changed a lot of things around us, and we understand that it is more challenging than ever to make new friends and to engage in the relationships that you already have.
We want to ensure that all students are aware of all the programs, resources, and opportunities taking place on campus and virtually throughout the school year. To do that, we want to outline a few resources that we hope you will take advantage of so that you can stay informed about all the opportunities on campus:
- TechSync: TechSync is a software platform powered by Campus Labs. It is a place where you can go to learn what clubs and organizations on campus , but also a list of community wide events and programs that you can attend. If you have not logged on yet, go to www.wpi.edu/+TechSync. You will be prompted to create an account and can access this site at any time as events and programs are being added daily!
- CORQ: is an app that you can download on any smart device. It pulls the events from TechSync and allows you to see what is happening on campus while you are on the go! Looking for fun activities this weekend? Check CORQ!
- Weekly Digest Emails: SGA sends out a weekly digest of events open to the campus community each week. While this is not an extensive list of everything in TechSync, this is a great way to see a snapshot of the activities that are coming up! Scroll through and be sure to RSVP if applicable!
- Check out the Top 30 List: Looking for something fun to do personally or as a group? Check out the Top 30 List on the WPI website for some great options of things to do on and off campus.
- Table Takeovers: Have you been in a dining location and seen whiteboards with messages on the tables? These are opportunities to connect with people in clubs or based off of personal interests, hobbies, or fun interactive questions. These are great chances to sit down and meet someone!
- Social Media: Following social media is a great way to get information about upcoming programs, events, and activities. There are many departments who sponsor both virtual and on campus events, which are great ways to meet people. Please consider following the departments below:
Athletics and Recreation
Chartwells – Dining
Instagram< Twitter, & Facebook: @WPI Eats
Office of Multicultural Affairs
Twitter: @wpi_oma https://twitter.com/WPI_OMA
Instagram: @wpi_oma https://www.instagram.com/wpi_oma/
Career Development Center
- Posters and Event Screens: Keep an eye out for the important information shared on event screens in the Morgan Dinging Hall and the Rubin Campus Center as well as other areas on campus. Also check out the posters displayed in academic buildings and across campus. These are opportunities for all community members, so rather than walk by them, take a second to see what information they have to share!
- Reoccurring Events: Events take place every day on campus, but there are some that happen each week or on a regular basis. Be sure to check out the weekend virtual movie series sponsored by SocComm on Saturday and Sunday nights, Friday Night Gaming held by the Science Fiction Society, or Tuesday Trivia among others! All information for these events can be found on TechSync!
If you have questions about how to get involved, joining a club or organization, or how to find out what is taking place on campus, please email the Student Activities Office at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you on and off the screen at events throughout the year!
The Student Activities Office
Ryan Candy, SGA President
Assistant Dean of Student Activities