In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the university considers all WPI-sponsored travel to be high-risk at this time. Although Massachusetts has changed its travel guidance to an “advisory,” WPI has made no changes to its current travel policies:
- All WPI-sponsored domestic and international travel remains suspended until further notice.
- WPI strongly discourages personal travel to destinations outside of Massachusetts. If personal travel is taken, the following guidelines apply:
Before accessing campus, all students and employees who have traveled outside Massachusetts for more than 24 hours must:
- Receive a negative result from a PCR test that was administered 72 hours or less prior to arriving in Massachusetts. Results from antibody (serology) tests are not sufficient to meet this requirement.
- Get tested immediately upon return to Massachusetts or to WPI and quarantine until you get a negative PCR test result. If you choose not to get a COVID test, you must quarantine for 10 days.
Students and employees may temporarily leave travel quarantine to receive medical care, such as COVID-19 testing. Students and employees receiving testing during their travel period must remain in travel quarantine while awaiting their test results.
- Exemptions to these return-from-travel guidelines:
- If travel lasted less than 24 hours, these guidelines do not apply.
- Fully vaccinated individuals are also exempt from travel-related testing and quarantine.
- Individuals who are COVID-19-recovered, meaning they have tested positive more than 10 but less than 90 days ago and who do not have symptoms, do not need to quarantine after return from travel.
For more specific information, check the FAQs on travel.