CAMPUS STATUS UPDATES
If you’ve been watching the news—and WPI’s COVID-19 Dashboard—you know we’re not out of the pandemic woods yet. Close contacts on campus are way up, and positive cases are increasing in many states, including Massachusetts. We still need to be careful. We know you’re excited for a more in-person campus life, so stay vigilant, keep following the safety protocols, and do your part to #ProtectTheHerd.
If you missed last week's Student Town Hall about the Coronavirus Emergency Response Team (CERT) and the road ahead, it's now available for you to watch on demand.
TIPS & RESOURCES
We’re here to help you strike that balance between working hard and taking time to relax and recharge.
Finish the academic year strong:
- The ARC is offering virtual tutoring throughout D-Term in a variety of subjects, or grab a spot in one of MASH’s limited in-person tutoring groups for MA 1023, MA 1024, MA 2051, and PH 1120. Check out the flyer for details, then sign up through TutorTrac.
- Open office hours, TAs/PLAs, the Writing Center, Academic Advising coaching, the SWEET Center, Virtual Learning Support—you’ve got lots of support systems around you, so don’t forget to take advantage of their help as you work through D-Term.
- Workday is now open to all students, but we need your help to make sure you can access it. Check out the announcement for more information and to start exploring this new system.
Don’t forget to take breaks:
- Stop by the campus center today from 11am-1pm for the latest in the What’s Poppin’ series: a pack of Pop Rocks and a list of weekly campus events.
- Calling all van Goats—celebrate Funday Friday with a Color-Your-Own-Goat event sponsored by OAS and DOS on April 9 from 1-2:30pm by the fountain (rain/weather location: inside the campus center).
- Join the LEGO Club for building sessions in FI 105 from 1-7pm for the next five Sundays (4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, and 5/9), where they’ll be working on Section 3 of the WPI 1:300-scale model and building individual LEGO sets.
Miscellany is the spice of life, right?
- Join us for the latest installment of the Critical Conversation Series: Student Mental Health: Surviving Isolation, Stress, Depression, and Anxiety on Wednesday, April 7 from 3-4pm.
Make your voice heard at the next WPI Community Open Space virtual gathering on Wednesday, April 7. Drop by anytime between 12-8pm to share ideas on “what seeds we’ll plant to bring the soul of WPI to life.”
HEALTH & SAFETY REMINDERS
- Looking to make an off-campus vaccine appointment once you’re eligible? Sign up for the state’s pre-registration program, then review vaccination locations and instructions on how to prepare for an appointment. Anyone who lives, works, or studies in Massachusetts will be eligible April 19.
Effective March 22, Massachusetts changed its travel guidance, but we’re maintaining our current requirements. As a WPI student, you must continue to follow the university’s travel guidance if you travel outside of the state; check the announcement for more details