November 11, 2021
- Masks/face coverings are optional (starting today) for fully vaccinated WPI students in all campus-operated residential buildings and apartments. This change is possible due to low rates of COVID cases on campus, a high community vaccination rate, and the university’s robust testing program. In accordance with Worcester’s Mask Mandate, face coverings will continue to be required in all other WPI buildings and vehicles.
- As a reminder, currently only individuals who are in the university’s testing program are allowed in residential buildings as guests.
- Signs with more details and specific guidance will be posted in the residence halls; please follow those building-specific guidelines.
- Employees will continue to wear masks while in campus residential properties.
- Unvaccinated individuals are strongly advised to continue wearing a face covering and keeping socially distanced.
- Anyone who prefers to continue wearing masks—for any reason—should feel free to do so; everyone is asked to respect that choice without question.
- Fraternity and sorority chapter houses may choose to have different face covering guidelines in place, which members and their guests are expected to follow.
- Reminder: With the vast majority of the WPI community fully vaccinated, the only major COVID-related restrictions in place on campus are indoor masking in academic and other non-residential buildings and routine testing.
**Please note: The federal government recently changed the deadline mentioned in this announcement.
The new deadline for uploading your vaccination information is January 18, 2022.
- All vaccinated WPI employees are reminded to upload a picture of their COVID-19 vaccination documentation into Workday on or before December 8, 2021.
- Employees classified as fully remote are now required to be fully vaccinated (i.e., two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine) and upload their vaccination documentation into Workday by the December 8 deadline.
- Any unvaccinated remote employees without an approved vaccination accommodation by the deadline will be placed on unpaid leave for six weeks; should they fail to come into compliance by the end of this six-week period, they will no longer be eligible to work at WPI.
More details can be found here.
- Thanksgiving is coming, and next week the community can expect to see some more specific information and guidance regarding COVID testing and returning to campus. As a reminder:
- The Thanksgiving break is November 24 to 28; classes resume on November 29.
- While it is strongly recommended that anyone who is on or around campus during Thanksgiving break continue testing, students and employees who leave campus will not be required to test over the Thanksgiving break.
- NOTE: Thanksgiving break testing center hours will be posted online shortly.
- At the end of break, students must test the day they return to campus or the next time the test site is open. Routine testing will resume the week of November 29.
Employees must also resume weekly testing the week of November 29.