Line-up & Seating
Students report to Harrington Auditorium in regalia as follows:
Graduate Students - Thursday, May 11 from 3:30 – 4:15.
Undergraduate Students - Saturday, May 13 from 8:30 – 9:15.
All students must wear WPI Commencement Regalia to participate in the ceremonies.
- The Processional will step-off at approximately 4:35 pm (Thursday) or 9:25 am (Saturday)
- Students are placed in Alpha Order, please stay in this order with your processional partner
- Students who are late for line-up will be placed at the very end of the ceremony
- Staff will direct you to your row and seat on the Quad
- When it is time to hand out diplomas, staff will lead you to the stage. Here’s what to know:
- We have many of you to get across the stage
- At the top of the stage, you will hand your name card to a staff member
- A staff member will send you on your way across the stage before your name is announced – keep going!
- Your name is announced as you approach the President to receive your diploma
- The President will hand you the diploma and a photo will be taken as you continue across the stage
- There is no stopping for a photo. Keep moving
- After you exit the stage, a green screen photo will be taken and then you return to your seat