Biological & Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) Safety Training for WPI Faculty, Students, and Staff.
- Pre-Registration is not required
- Attendance will be taken for EHS records
- 15 minute written quiz will be administered (participants should bring a pen)
- Topics include: BSL1 and BSL2 BioSafety, exposure recognition/control/prevention, OPIM**, post-exposure procedures, emergency response, and biological waste handling/disposal
- Optional preparation: WPI Biosafety Manual can be found via that title link at https://www.wpi.edu/+ehs
NOTE: Federal OSHA regulations require initial and yearly refresher safety training for all employees with potential exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) and other potentially infectious materials (OPIM)** in the workplace.