The contest is open to any WPI student.
- The name should be descriptive of a relevant great problem of global importance
- The name must be original and not likely to cause confusion with any other similar classes in GPS or other departments (see note below)
- The name should reflect positively on the Great Problems Seminar Program and WPI
- The name should not be offensive, insulting, or derogatory in nature
- In instances where the same name is submitted, the GPS Class Contest Selection Committee will select the entry with the earliest entry by time/date
- The GPS Class Contest Selection Committee has the authority to reject an entry it deems inappropriate
- Only 3 entries per online submission.
- Email your entries to newGPSclass@wpi.edu
The selected class will be offered as soon as faculty can be identified.
Selection of Winners
The contest closes on 1 December 2016. The winner will be announced at the GPS Poster Session on December 12, 2016 between 4 and 5 pm.
The author of the winning suggestion, chosen by a selection committee of WPI faculty/staff, will receive a $250 gift card to the campus bookstore.
Members of the selection committee will not know the names associated with the entries.
Note: current GPS Classes include: Heal the World; Recover, Reuse, and Recycle: Building a Lasting World; Biosphere, Atmosphere, and Human Fears; Food Sustainability; Ignorance is Not Bliss: Can Schools and Technology Help; Livable Cities; Power the World; The World’s Water