Improve your basic skills in separation and purification of bio-manufactured products with both single-use and stainless equipment. This hands-on training includes theoretical background information on cell harvest and clarification, TFF, and chromatography, including column packing. You will also develop a better understanding of the various protein characteristics and how they affect the purification process, how resins are selected, and how a purification process is developed.
Class size is limited to 18 – reserve your seat early!
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES
- Understand the principles of centrifugation and how cell harvesting and clarification is completed
- Understand the principles and applications for depth filtration
- Understand how protein characteristics facilitate the purification process
- Become familiar with the different types of chromatographic processes and the principles behind each type
- Identify the components of a chromatography system and their functions
- Perform column packing and peak evaluation
- Identify the components of a TFF system and their functions
- Understand how viruses are inactivated and removed
- Understand how a purification process is developed
- Program Start: March 12-15, 2018
- Registration Deadline: Two weeks prior to program start
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- CEU: 2.8
- There are no academic prerequisites for this program
- More details & cost available at the BETC website link below.