Active Learning Classrooms (ALCs) are flexible, student-centered spaces that allow faculty to move their course design beyond the traditional lecture format. The room design, flexible furniture, and technology all combine to foster interactive learning experiences. The Foisie Innovation Studio will include 3 ALCs that offer:
- learning environments that encourage student collaboration.
- technology that allows students to easily present work to peers and instructors.
- flexible, movable furniture designed to facilitate group work of diverse sizes.
- the ability for faculty to seamlessly transition between presentation mode and student group work
Each room will contain:
- 4 projectors and screens that allow for projecting unique images to each screen
- Solstice “PODs” that enable faculty-controlled, wireless screen-sharing from any device (laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc.) to any or all screens
- Flexible, movable tables and chairs that can be arranged in various combinations with seat capacity of 56 or 112 when 2 rooms are combined
- Multiple whiteboard surfaces
- Lightweight, movable instructor “podium” for use with instructor-provided laptop
- Wireless lavalier and hand-held microphones for voice amplification
If you are scheduled to teach in Foisie 105, 203, or 205 during AY18-19 or if you just want to check out these new rooms, come on by at your convenience to see a demo hosted by the Academic Technology Center's Technology for Teaching & Learning team. The team will be there ready to answer your questions and/or show you the A/V.
Please note that due to other event conflicts, only FI105 is available for this particular training but the A/V setup is the same as in the other ALCs.