On Monday, November 12th, at 5:30pm the Office of Academic Advising is hosting an informational session to discuss the Truman and Goldwater Scholarship opportunities in Atwater Kent 116. Please, encourage students that you feel fit the criteria below to attend.
The Goldwater Scholarship is for sophomores and juniors with at least a 3.0 GPA who:
- show exceptional promise of becoming this Nation’s next generation of research leaders
- have a strong commitment to a research career in the natural sciences, mathematics and engineering
- effectively display intellectual intensity in the sciences, mathematics and engineering
- have potential for a significant future contribution to research in his/her chosen field
The Truman Scholarship is for Juniors with at least a 3.0 GPA who:
- have a strong record of public service, as well as a policy proposal that addresses a particular issue in society
- will serve as future ‘change agents’
- have the passion, intellect, and leadership potential that in time should enable them to improve the ways that public entities - be they government agencies, nonprofit organizations, public and private educational institutions, or advocacy organizations - serve the public good
- wish to attend professional or graduate school to prepare for careers in government or the nonprofit and advocacy sectors where they will improve the ways these institutions work
If you have any questions or students you feel would be great applicants, please contact Rebekah Campo, in the Office of Academic Advising.