Subject: Faculty Workshops
Instructors: Andrew Gerhart, PhD, Lawrence Technological University; Don Carpenter, PhD, Lawrence Technological University; and Glenn Gaudette, PhD, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Type of Session: Workshop
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: The WPI KEEN Program invites you to a 3-day Innovating Curriculum with Entrepreneurial Mindset (ICE) Workshop featuring activities and presentations covering the important aspects of Entrepreneurially Minded Learning (EML), Active and Collaborative Learning (ACL), and Problem/Project Based Learning (PBL) and how to integrate them into your own courses. The goal is to foster greater student engagement and collaboration by focusing on real-world problems that promote curiosity, connections and creating value.
During the 3-day workshop, participants will:
• Understand the fundamental pedagogical techniques of EML, ACL and PBL
• Experience firsthand examples of EML, ACL and PBL pedagogical techniques as “students” in the workshop
• Experience examples of entrepreneurial mindset course integration
• Analyze unfamiliar situations and open-ended problems using various methods to define the “true” problem statements
• Interact as part of an interdisciplinary team with members from multiple backgrounds
• Work in content cohort groups to develop and share their own modules
• Present versions of their modules and receive feedback for improvement
For more information, contact Janet M Zafiris.