APPLY TO BE A RESIDENT ADVISOR.
- Do you feel there is room for another 10 hour a week time commitment in your schedule?
- Do you feel you could approach a resident about a personal concern that has been brought to your attention?
- Would you feel comfortable assisting a student from an underrepresented group (e.g., student with a disability, gay/lesbian/bisexual, African American, Hispanic, etc)?
- Are you able to confront other people's behaviors in a constructive manner?
- Can you remain objective and fair when dealing with a conflict involving your friends and fellow staff members?
- Are you able to react and express yourself clearly in a tense situation?
- Do you know when someone is asking for help, but is not directly verbalizing their need?
- Is the satisfaction of knowing you did your best enough for you?
- When faced with criticism, are you flexible?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions you are strongly encouraged to read through the application, attend an info session/table, or speak to a current RA.
All full-time WPI students are eligible for RA positions provided their academic record does not hold a status of academic warning, probation, or suspension at the end of B-Term 2016 and are in good standing in regards to their conduct record. Successful candidates must have achieved at least sophomore status by the start of the Fall 2017 term.