APPLY TO BE A RESIDENT ADVISOR
- Do you feel there is room for another 10 hour a week time commitment in your schedule?
- Do you feel you could approach a resident about a personal concern that has been brought to your attention?
- Would you feel comfortable assisting any student in need?
- Can you promote civility and be open to ideas and opinions different from your own?
- Are you able to confront other people's behaviors in a constructive manner?
- Can you remain objective and fair when dealing with a conflict involving your friends and fellow staff members?
- Are you able to react and express yourself clearly in a tense situation?
- Do you know when someone is asking for help, but is not directly verbalizing their need?
- Is the satisfaction of knowing you did your best enough for you?
- When faced with criticism, are you flexible?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions you are strongly encouraged to read through the application, attend an info session/table, or speak to a current RA.
All full-time WPI students are eligible for RA positions provided their academic record does not hold a status of academic warning, probation, or suspension at the end of B-Term 2017 and are in good standing in regards to their conduct record. Successful candidates must have achieved at least sophomore status by the start of the Fall 2018 term.
RA SELECTION TIMELINE
- October 27, 2017 - 11am-1pm RA Info Table (Campus Center)
- November 1, 2017 - 10am - RA Application Available (Via Techsync)
- November 7, 2017 - 5-7pm RA Info Table (Wedge)
- November 28, 2017 - 5pm-7pm RA Info Table (FH Lobby)
- December 1, 2017 - 12pm - Application Due (Via Techsync)
- December 5, 2017 - 6-9pm RA Info Party (Riley Commons - Applicants Only)
- *January 11 & 12, 2018 - RA Individual Interview Days
- *January 20, 2018 - RA Selection Group Process Day
- January 22, 2018 - Strengthsquest Emailed to Final Candidates (Due by Wed. January 24th @ Noon)
- January 29, 2018 - Decision Letters Sent Out (Via Email)
- January 31, 2018 - RA Contract Due to Res Services
* denotes that a time commitment will be needed for these days.