Sponsored by the Center for Project-Based Learning, the Morgan Teaching and Learning Center, and the Interdisciplinary and Global Studies Division, this workshop aims to introduce early career faculty to practical tools and strategies for successful advising of MQPs and IQPs. Participants will leave the workshop with resources and techniques they can utilize or adapt to:
- Establish a project timeline and milestones for evaluating progress
- Communicate clear grading guidelines
- Provide useful feedback to students during the project process
- Help teams establish equitable working relationships and manage team conflict
- Respond to and advance student writing without being an editor.
The workshop will include breakfast, lunch, and a wine and cheese reception to conclude the day.