Calling all community members!
You’re invited to participate in the upcoming virtual
Tech Advisors Network Meeting
- Kick-off Message [6 – 6:10 pm]
- Curtis Abel, Executive Director of I&E
- Panel Discussion [6:10 – 6:30 pm]
- Join us as representatives from each of the teams facilitating the ‘Breakout Rooms’ provide a high-level overview of their venture/project/program so meeting attendees can gain an understanding of each breakout room prior to the rooms opening at 7pm.
- Community Exchange [6:30 – 7:30 pm]
- We would like to invite students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, WPI Mentors-in-Residence, and Tech Advisors Network members to an engaging, informal networking event aimed at fostering new connections and sparking inspiring collaborations.
- Breakout Rooms [7 – 7:30 pm]
- Breakout rooms will run concurrently with the last thirty minutes of the networking portion, so participants have the option of either continuing networking or visiting multiple breakout rooms.
We’re excited for you to meet and talk with several of the startups, student projects, and student clubs the I&E team has been working with over the past year. Below are just four of the teams scheduled to facilitate a discussion room.
ARC Industries-The ORB, Vertical Axis Wind Turbine, designs and manufactures a compact, scalable, 3-kW roof-top mounted vertical axis wind turbine for urban and suburban locations. The ARC team is dedicated to solving the issue of energy resiliency in the built environment, in order to reduce the dependency on fossil fuels.
The Cubby is an online marketplace for art made by college students. Founded by college students, The Cubby reflects the perspectives of both student artists and budget-conscious shoppers. As the first college art marketplace, The Cubby supports art creation and appreciation by all.
Founded in 2016 by WPI student Justin Amevor, Doughboyz is striving to end food insecurity in underrepresented communities. The Doughcart is sustainably designed to run on electricity and drive the mission for social justice in the Worcester community.
Pallyt introduces a new way to get construction materials where you need them, when you need them— saving consumers time, money and energy! Learn how the Pallyt app will transform the construction marketplace by making material acquisition convenient and cost-effective.
If you’re interested in attending the upcoming Tech Advisors meeting, please RSVP by completing this three question survey: RSVP to Tech Advisors Network Meeting
The High Power Rocketry Club (HPRC) is a subcommittee of WPI's chapter of the American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics (AIAA) that competes in high power rocketry competitions. This year, the club plans to compete in the Intercollegiate Rocketry Engineering Competition (IREC). Previously, their team competed in NASA's University Launch Initiative (USLI). Learn how the team devotes a significant amount of time and energy to educate members through club-run workshops on topics such as rocketry, robotics, manufacturing, and computer aided design. Join their ‘Session’ to learn how you can help this team reach new heights!
HPRC is asking for assistance in the following areas: community members interested in reviewing sponsorship packages, introductions to community members in a variety of fields that would help the team achieve their ongoing goals, and funding opportunities.
HPRC contact: Peter Korfuzi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A member of the I&E team will contact you and supply the Hopin meeting link and additional information to make this event a success!