With over 4 million confirmed cases of COVID-19 worldwide, there is a renewed focus on vaccine development for disease prevention and mitigation.
Join us as we spotlight this hot topic in a free webinar designed to educate everyone from the citizen scientist and casual student to those working in life sciences and healthcare. Get yourself up to speed with this hour-long overview of vaccines—from discovery and development to testing and approval.
WPI adjunct professor and 20+ year industry expert
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Intro to Basic Immunology
- Types of Vaccines
- How Vaccinations Work
- Why Vaccines Fail
- Vaccine Development Process
- Vaccine Manufacturing
- Vaccine Clinical Trials
- Vaccine Regulation (FDA)
- Globalization, Outsourcing Concerns, International Cooperation
- PPE Equipment (China)
- Diagnostic Testing (WHO, CDC, Public vs. Private Labs & Universities)
- Vaccine Manufacturing (India)