The Works in Progress Undergraduate Research Symposium is an opportunity for our undergraduate researchers to showcase their ongoing (they’re in the early days) major qualifying projects and other extended research and design endeavors. The primary mode of presentation will be posters and there will be room for a few live demonstrations.
Why the Works in Progress Undergraduate Research Symposium?
1. Our student researchers get to practice their presentation skills and learn to communicate their work to a general audience.
2. It is good for our researchers to get suggestions, input, and questions from people other than their teammates or advisors.
3. Research connections will be made.
4. We get to hear big and bold assertions such as “If this works, we will be able to …!”
5. The community gets to see the wonderful, diverse, and amazing work that our students and faculty are working on!
Works in Progress is organized and sponsored by WPI’s Office of Undergraduate Research.
APPLY TO PRESENT
To participate please complete your application by Nov. 1. Apply at https://wpi.edu/+worksinprogress
Contact Prof. Suzanne Weekes, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies ad interim with any questions at email@example.com.