Day 2 of Workshop.
Monday, August 24, 1-4:30pm and Tuesday August 25, 9am-noon
Location: Zoom (link will be sent as date gets closer)
Facilitators: Kris Wobbe, Chrys Demetry, Geoff Pfeifer, Lisa Stoddard, Lorraine Higgins
This interactive workshop introduces early career faculty in all departments to practical tools and strategies for successful advising of MQPs and IQPs. Participants will leave the workshop with resources and techniques they can utilize or adapt to:
• Establish a project timeline and milestones for evaluating progress
• Communicate clear grading guidelines
• Provide useful feedback to students during the project process
• Help teams establish equitable working relationships and manage team conflict
• Respond to and advance student writing without being an editor.
This workshop is offered annually in August and is designed primarily for faculty with little or no experience advising MQPs and IQPs.