WPI Emergency Fund
The Fund has been established to help WPI students who are struggling to cover costs associated with an unexpected early departure from campus; technology to support remote learning; loss of income from employment; and other consequences of the coronavirus situation. Many faculty and staff are also experiencing financial impact from these unprecedented times. Anyone who wishes to offer support may do so using our Secure Online Gift Form by selecting the “Emergency Assistance Fund” for the designation.
WPI Annual Fund & Unrestricted Giving
WPI continues to accept annual gifts to the university. Unrestricted gifts—which can be applied wherever they're needed most—are especially critical. Gifts can be made using the Secure Online Gift Form and selecting “Unrestricted” as the designation, or the designation of your choice. We understand the financial demands this situation is causing, and we deeply appreciate the support we continue to receive.
Other Ways to Help Our Community
Donate PPE or Volunteer
The WPI community has already stepped forward in a big way to donate personal protective equipment (PPE) and other supplies to those on the front lines of the COVID-19 outbreak. The Baker-Polito Administration has announced an online portal where individuals and companies can easily donate or sell personal protective equipment (PPE) and volunteer to support the COVID-19 outbreak in Massachusetts. This effort will ensure that frontline responders get the protective equipment they need and will match health and medical volunteers with our communities and health care providers based on skill sets and need. Learn more.
Massachusetts state government COVID-19 updates are available at http://mass.gov/covid19. Text "COVIDMA" to 888-777 to receive COVID-19 text message alerts. #COVID19MA.
Government & Community Resources
- MA Department of Public Health for daily updates
- Emergency Day Care Centers
- 211 is a Massachusetts resource to get help navigating different resources and for questions related to COVID-19
- COVID-19 Information Line: 508-799-1019
- Worcester’s non-emergency number: 508-799-8606
- Mutual Aid Worcester is a group made up of elected officials, funders, community organizations, and social service agencies that are meeting to look at the many ways to support our community during this difficult time.
- The Coalition for a Healthy Greater Worcester has worked with the community to compile and maintain a Worcester COVID-19 community resources page. This includes information about nearly 200 childcare services, social, health, and counseling services—and counting.
- Worcester Together is a joint fund led by the United Way of Central Massachusetts and the Greater Worcester Community Foundation that has sought to address the needs of the city in the wake of the spread of COVID-19.
(Note: These links are not intended to be nor are they an endorsement of any service, product, company or university position).