Graduate Students

Assistance for Students Pursuing Advanced Degrees

New and returning graduate students applying for Federal financial aid must complete the FAFSA.  Graduate students must also provide the following forms to the WPI Office of Financial Aid at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the term.  These forms are used to determine your enrollment status (full time, half time, less than half time) so we are able to determine your eligiblity for Federal financial assistance. 

As of July 1, 2012, the Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loan program is no longer available to graduate students. However, graduate students will still be able to borrow through the Unsubsidized Stafford Loan program.

While the WPI Office of Financial Aid does not offer need based funding for Graduate students there are some scholarship, fellowship, and assistantship programs available through other resources.

For students that may have qualifying veterans benefits you may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program.

Information regarding possible fellowship opportunities can be found on our Fellowship & Scholarship page.

Graduate students should contact their individiual graduate departments to discuss opportunities for any research or teaching assistantships that might be available through the specific department.

FAFSA Graduate Student Application for Student Loans Graduate Enrollment Verification Form
Graduate Applicant (Summer enrollment) 4/15/2015 4/15/2015 4/15/2015
Graduate Applicant (Full year enrollment) 8/1/2015 8/1/2015 8/1/2015
Graduate Applicant (Spring only enrollment) 12/1/2015 12/1/2015 12/1/2015