Electronic Personnel Action Form
Efficient and Convenient Hiring with EPAF
With Electronic Personnel Action Forms (EPAF), department heads and managers now enjoy a more streamlined hiring process. Using EPAF, originators activate jobs which then travel through an approval cycle. It is possible to check the status of a given job at any point.
- Log into Banner Web for Employees using your Windows username and password.
- Click the Employee tab, then EPAF Administrator, then New EPAF. This will open the EPAF form.
You can hire a department-funded, federally funded, research-funded or restricted-funded student worker using this system. You can also change a status and terminate an employee. If you have questions, contact Human Resources.
- Register for EPAF training courses to gain a better understanding of the process
- Register for EPAF working sessions for assistance with entering EPAFs
Helpful Documentation for Using EPAF
- EPAF User Guide. Everything you need to know about payroll authorizations, hiring employees, and more, in one helpful guide. (.pdf, 863kb)
- Position Number Lookup Table. A source for student work study (both research and restriction funded) and department operation position numbers for your use in filling out EPAFs. (.xls, 136kb)
- Approver's Guide. Tips and instructions for approvers. (.pdf, 315kb)
- Common Errors. Help for some common mistakes that can take place. (.pdf, 138kb)
- Proxy Tips. How to authorize an approver in your absence. (.pdf, 178kb)
- Routing Queue Tips. Use these tips for help with setting up your default routing queue. (.pdf, 280kb)
Undergraduate/biweekly-paid graduate students
- Got Work? A handout detailing paperwork requirements for new student workers. (.pdf, 160kb)
- How to Hire Department-Funded, Hourly Paid Undergrad/Grad Student with Web Time Entry (.pdf, 363kb)
- Termination: How-To (.pdf, 237kb)
- Lump-Sum Payments (.pdf, 423kb)
Monthly Paid Graduate Students
- Graduate Student Hire (.pdf, 546kb)
- How to Terminate a Graduate Student (.pdf, 215kb)
- Enter Positions for Next Fiscal Year (.pdf, 236kb)