WPI employees are encouraged to use these resources from the Payroll Office to learn more about required forms, how to fill out and edit timesheets, and more.

Forms and Other Resources

Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF)

Hiring with EPAF

With Electronic Personnel Action Forms, department heads and managers take advantage of a streamlined hiring process. Using EPAF, you can initiate jobs, which will then travel through an automated approval cycle, making it convenient to check the status of a given job at any point.

Getting Started

  • Log into Banner Web for Employees using your Windows username and password
  • Click the Employee tab, then EPAF Administrator, then New EPAF 
  • You can hire a department-funded, federally funded, research-funded, or restricted-funded student worker using this system, and can also change a status or terminate an employee. If you have questions, contact the Office of Human Resources and Payroll. 



To gain a better understanding of the process, and for assistance with entering an EPAF, email Human Resources to set up a customized, interactive training session.

Web Time Entry

Web Time Entry is an online system for employees to report time worked. After approval by supervisors, the information is processed for payment by the Payroll Office.

Accessing Web Time Entry

Log into Banner Web for Employees using your Windows username and password and select the “Employee” tab. Employees can also view user-specific Web Time Entry instructions:

Approver Resources

Newly Employed

After your supervisor and Payroll have authorized all paperwork, your timesheet will appear in Web Time Entry along with the name of the supervisor to approve your timesheet. You may begin entering hours on the first day of the pay period. Federal Work Study students (position W09908) enter hours on the “Federal Work Study” line. Department or Research funded positions (starting with “Z”) enter time on “Department funded” line.

Entering Time in Advance

Employees can enter time in advance and save without submitting for approval, but only up to the end of the current pay period.

Error Status

For timesheets marked with Error Status, look for the common error that occurs when zeroes are entered for hours. Leave the space blank instead of entering a zero. If you do not see any problems with the timesheet, the error might clear by restarting.

Multiple Jobs

Submit a separate timesheet for hours charged to each job. Each timesheet will be directed to the appropriate approver.

Off-Campus Access

You can access Web Time Entry from any computer. If necessary, you may also ask your supervisor to contact the Payroll Office, which can enter hours for you.

Missing a Deadline

You must submit hours for past pay periods using a paper timesheet, which is available in the Office of Human Resources & Payroll, 2nd floor of Boynton Hall.

Payroll Deadlines

Check with your supervisor for the deadline for your specific department.

Making Changes

If your supervisor hasn’t approved your timesheet, you can select Return Time, update your hours, and resubmit. If your timesheet was already approved, your supervisor must contact Payroll on your behalf.

Getting Approval

If your supervisor is not available to approve a timesheet, contact the Payroll Office to determine your supervisor proxy, then call or email the proxy to request approval.

Donate to the United Way

The ability of the United Way of Central Massachusetts to enrich education, support family stability, and improve the health of struggling citizens of the area is directly impacted by the donations made by WPI employees. As a donor, you have the ability to earmark your pledge for causes that are meaningful to you as a recipient of your gift. View the complete list (PDF) of agencies you have the opportunity to pledge your donation to. You can donate via United Way’s website, at one of our annual on-campus events, by filling out a pledge form in the Human Resources Office, or by credit card, check, cash, or payroll deduction. Thank you for joining the WPI community in support of the United Way.