Forms and Other Resources
- Forms Library: Find forms for hiring, direct deposit, payroll changes, withholding forms for taxes, retirement savings, and Worcester Fitness Club memberships.
- Payroll Authorization Form (PDF): Hiring managers must complete this form to initiate compensation for any new employee.
- International Employee Form (PDF): This form is required for all employees with a permanent residence outside of the United States.
- Student Employment Forms Breakdown (PDF): This list acts as a guide to forms required prior to employment, and also includes links to international student forms.
- Online Timesheets Using Web Time Entry Guide (PDF): Use this guide and included tutorials to discover how Web Time Entry makes it easy to submit timesheets.
- Pay Stubs (PDF): Use this guide to learn how to access electronic pay stubs quickly and easily.
- Compensation Matrix for Faculty Restricted Accounts (PDF): This reference guide is to be used for faculty restricted accounts.
Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF)
Hiring with EPAF
With Electronic Personnel Action Forms, department heads and managers take advantage of a streamlined hiring process. Using EPAF, you can initiate jobs, which will then travel through an automated approval cycle, making it convenient to check the status of a given job at any point.
- Log into Banner Web for Employees using your Windows username and password
- Click the Employee tab, then EPAF Administrator, then New EPAF
- You can hire a department-funded, federally funded, research-funded, or restricted-funded student worker using this system, and can also change a status or terminate an employee. If you have questions, contact the Office of Human Resources and Payroll.
- Graduate Bi-weekly Payroll EPAF Guide (XLSX)
- Position Number Lookup Table (XLSX) : Need to find a position number? Use this table to help you locate the correct position.
- EPAF Guide and Common Errors (PDF): This quick reference guide provides the basic information needed to enter an EPAF, and also highlights the most common error messages received and how to correct them.
- Approver Guide (PDF): Instructions for those who need to approve EPAFs.
- Proxy Tips (PDF): How to authorize an approver to act on your behalf.
- Routing Queue Tips (PDF): How to set up your default routing queue.
To gain a better understanding of the process, and for assistance with entering an EPAF, email Human Resources to set up a customized, interactive training session.
Web Time Entry
Web Time Entry is an online system for employees to report time worked. After approval by supervisors, the information is processed for payment by the Payroll Office.
Accessing Web Time Entry
Log into Banner Web for Employees using your Windows username and password and select the “Employee” tab. Employees can also view user-specific Web Time Entry instructions:
After your supervisor and Payroll have authorized all paperwork, your timesheet will appear in Web Time Entry along with the name of the supervisor to approve your timesheet. You may begin entering hours on the first day of the pay period. Federal Work Study students (position W09908) enter hours on the “Federal Work Study” line. Department or Research funded positions (starting with “Z”) enter time on “Department funded” line.
Entering Time in Advance
Employees can enter time in advance and save without submitting for approval, but only up to the end of the current pay period.
For timesheets marked with Error Status, look for the common error that occurs when zeroes are entered for hours. Leave the space blank instead of entering a zero. If you do not see any problems with the timesheet, the error might clear by restarting.
Submit a separate timesheet for hours charged to each job. Each timesheet will be directed to the appropriate approver.
You can access Web Time Entry from any computer. If necessary, you may also ask your supervisor to contact the Payroll Office, which can enter hours for you.
Missing a Deadline
You must submit hours for past pay periods using a paper timesheet, which is available in the Office of Human Resources & Payroll, 2nd floor of Boynton Hall.
Check with your supervisor for the deadline for your specific department.
If your supervisor hasn’t approved your timesheet, you can select Return Time, update your hours, and resubmit. If your timesheet was already approved, your supervisor must contact Payroll on your behalf.
If your supervisor is not available to approve a timesheet, contact the Payroll Office to determine your supervisor proxy, then call or email the proxy to request approval.