Student Development & Counseling Center
Committed to the Safety, Emotional Health, and Personal Growth of WPI Students
The WPI Student Development and Counseling Center (SDCC) is dedicated to promoting the safety, emotional health, and personal growth of all WPI students, as well as cultivating a supportive campus. Services include:
- Mental health counseling and consultation
- Student development
- Community development
Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed or simply need to talk, remember that you’re not alone—it’s perfectly normal to ask for help.
The SDCC is Here to Help
Call +1-508-831-5540 to make an appointment or visit us at the West Street House, 157 West Street (off Institute Road). We’re here between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Our walk-in hours are Monday - Friday 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- WPI Among First Colleges and Universities to be Recognized for Comprehensive Mental Health Programming on Campus Jed Foundation awards the university the JedCampus Seal. >
- Making a Positive Impact on Students Partnering with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, WPI created a unique peer-to-peer education program that teaches students how to recognize signs of mental health distress and suicidal behavior among their peers. >
- NY Times Article Spotlights WPI Program Organizations of students helping students are springing up on college campuses across the nation, inspired by WPI’s Student Support Network, a program that teaches undergraduates and graduates how to get help for troubled friends and acquaintances. >
- Helping Troubled Students Before Tragedy Strikes Charlie Morse, Assistant Dean for Student Development and Director of Counseling at WPI, discusses the university’s successful peer-to-peer Student Support Network with the Education Development Center, Inc. (EDC). >