WPI's Green Revolving Fund (GRF)
WPI’s Green Revolving Fund (GRF) - Overview
WPI’s GRF supports sustainability projects that will generate financial returns, reduce environmental impact or carbon emissions, enhance the academic climate, and engage the WPI community. This fund was initiated in 2017 with an initial allocation of $1.5 million ($500,000 over the first three years of the fund). Savings resulting from these projects are returned to the Green Revolving Fund, ensuring its sustainability.
- We are currently in our third year. WPI is contributing $1,000K over the next two years to on-campus projects that will result in energy efficiencies and other resource savings.
- The GRF is coordinated by the GRF Working Group in conjunction with the Sustainability Advisory Committee
The GRF Community Initiative
The Office of Sustainability, the Sustainability Advisory Committee, and the Green Revolving Fund (GRF) Working Group hope to gain assistance from the WPI community in making our campus more sustainability. WPI’s GRF Community Initiative is intended to support this effort. This is an exciting opportunity for members of our WPI community to contribute to and engage in making WPI a more sustainable campus. The GRF Community Initiative is a component of WPI’s Green Revolving Fund (GRF), which is described in more detail below. The community initiative was put on hold during the pandemic, but we plan to get it started again in the fall. More information will be bosted in A term. An overview of the concepts is as follows:
- The GRF Community Initiative will provide $10000 annually to support WPI on-campus projects. It is anticipated that the $10000 will support 1 to 2 projects, although this may vary from year to year.
- The Community Initiative was established to specifically engage students and staff to consider sustainability-themed projects on the WPI campus that will reduce our carbon footprint on campus and also generate cost savings.
- The GRF and the GRF Community Initiative are promoted and supported in conjunction with the GRF Working Group, which supports WPI’s Sustainability Advisory Committee.
- The GRF Community Initiative is a component of the WPI Green Revolving Fund, which promotes sustainabity projects that reduce costs on the WPI Campus.
Applying to the GRF Community Initiative
The Office of Sustainability will begin a new cycle of applications for the Green Revolving Fund Community Initiative. Please watch for our email!
Questions / More Information
Questions are welcome. Please send an email to email@example.com if you'd like any further information.