Effective immediately and through March 31:
- All WPI employees who can work remotely should make arrangements with their managers to do so. Managers should be flexible when considering requests to work remotely on a temporary basis.
- Remote working is designed to allow employees to work remotely just as they would in the office (e.g. answer calls, communicate via email, work on projects, attend meetings via teleconference).
- For employees whose work cannot be done remotely, managers should encourage their teams to conduct meetings virtually and implement creative strategies to reduce the density of employees on campus.
- Employees working remotely should be accessible during normal business hours.
- All employees will continue to be paid, whether they are working on campus or remotely. Non-exempt employees should not work beyond their standard hours. Remote work is not eligible for overtime.
- Resources for Managers: Managing Remote Teams in WPI’s Learning Academy
More information will be forthcoming as this situation evolves.