I am a PhD student at Worcester Polytechnic Institute. I am a member of DSRG group working under supervision of Prof. Elke Rundensteiner. My research interests are at the intersection of text streams analysis and social sensing and explore the challenges of real-time learning and inference on social networks, and applying machine learning techniques to aggregate big streams of social media data to discover trends, events, and influencers.
- SIGKDD Travel award, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts, US, July 2014.
- Research Poster Award at junior PhD level, CS Department, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, US, March 2014.
- SIGMOD Travel award, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts, US, June 2013.
- Outreach Award, Computing Science department, University of Alberta, Canada, 2010.
- Alberta Heritage Scholarship, 2nd year of master program, University of Alberta, Canada, 2010.
- Queen Elizabeth II Scholarship: Graduate Scholarship for Excellence in Academic and Research, University of Alberta, Canada, 2009-2011.