Location and Culture
Boston is a world-class city, featuring a wealth of cultural, educational, recreational, and tourist attractions. Students will have ample opportunities to explore the city’s many offerings, including the Freedom Trail, Museum of Science, Fenway Park, and more.
Students completing their MQP will work at Stantec, a global consulting firm that specializes in engineering, architecture, environmental sciences, and project economics.
Housing and Meals
Students live in Worcester and commute to Boston for project work. Transportation and meals should be planned for as part of a budget for the term. Students should inform their advisor of any health concerns, dietary restrictions, or allergies in advance of participation in this program.
Past students at the Boston, Massachusetts Project Center have:
- Evaluated a community summer youth employment initiative with Chelsea Collaborative
- Created a video game framework for the New England Aquarium increasing awareness for endangered whales
- Made policy recommendations to reduce flood risk with the Boston Harbor Association
- Created an energy best practices manual for assessing renewable energy opportunities at various locations
- Assessed various dam construction techniques for dam rehabilitation projects along the Kentucky River
- Determined the most successful methods of incorporating sustainability into various aspects of community planning and design