D-Term during spring
Romania is located in Eastern Europe, neighboring Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Moldova and Ukraine. Its population is approx. 19,580,634. Bucharest, in southern Romania, is the country's capital and biggest commercial center. About 1,883,425 inhabitants live within the city limits. The first group of students will complete their IQP in 2020.
Expected projects/sponsors types of projects:
- Working with NGOs that coordinate activities in eco-tourism
- Working with museums
- Working with some of the over 400 member companies of the American Chamber of Commerce Romania
- Depending on the range of projects students will collaborate with the University of Bucharest, Polytechnic University of Bucharest, University of Sibiu, and others.
Examples of projects:
- Development of a unified database for bookings, events, activities, etc. for Ecoturism destination Colinele Transilvaniei (Transylvanian Highlands) https://www.eco-romania.ro/en/colinele-transilvaniei#map_location
- Digital strategy (website, apps, digital media) for Solutions journalism to support rural development https://www.solutionsjournalism.org/
- Design/development of new exhibits and educational resources for museums and churches as part of the national architectural heritage.