Location and Culture:
World-famous for the engineering marvel the Panama Canal, Panama City has seen significant growth, and is the most cosmopolitan capital in Central America. Panama City offers numerous tourist attractions, including Panamá Vieja (the ruins of the original city), Casco Viejo (the Old Quarter), museums, and national parks. The average daily temperature is 87°F.
Past students at the Panama City, Panama Project Center have:
- Worked to increase access to drinking water in informal settlements
- Worked with the Panamanian National Airline to reduce aircraft bird strikes at Tocumen International Airport
- Designed an earth gravity dam
- Analyzed ways to improve a dredging project intended to deepen the Pacific Access Channel
- Designed grouting systems for use in the foundation of a dam