WPI Career Fairs
WPI holds two Career Fairs a year, one in September and one in February. This event is for students and alumni from all degrees and disciplines seeking a full-time job, internship, co-op or part-time experience. The Career Fair is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally in person to a potential employer, while showcasing your communication skills.
Working Professionals in Degree-Granting Programs
Working professionals who are currently enrolled in a degree-granting program already have access to Handshake and can login using their WPI credentials.
Resources & Services
- Handshake is a tool to view job listings, post your resume, and research employers. Handshake publishes online video and written tutorials to help get you started.
- Internet resources, including CareerShift, GoinGlobal, and Focus2 are located in your Handshake account, in the Resources section.
- Please note that there are specific instructions for accessing CareerShift as an alumni included as a PDF in the resource.
- WPI’s Alumni Relations Office provides access to contacts, events, and more.
- You can schedule appointments for a variety of career topics, including but not limited to: resume/CV critiques (alumni only), career advising, job searching, graduate school, networking & LinkedIn reviews.
- Attend workshops, career fairs, and more! For an up to date calendar of upcoming events, refer to the Events section in your Handshake account.
- Check out the CDC's tipsheets for information on a variety of career-related topics.
Schedule an Appointment
All appointments are available Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm, are scheduled through Handshake, and can take place in person, via telephone, or over Skype. Remember that the more information you can provide, the better the CDC staff member can prepare before your appointment.
Resume & CV Critiques
Alumni have the option of getting your resume or CV critiqued through an in-person appointment or by email. Appointments can be scheduled through Handshake; for critiques through emails, send a message to email@example.com with your resume attached. Your resume will be critiqued and returned to you within 4 business days. Prior to submitting your resume for an email critique, please make sure to activate your Handshake account as we require account activation prior to the critique. For even more advice and tips on what to include in your resume, download the Resume & CV tipsheet (PDF).
All on-campus workshops hosted by the CDC are open for WPI alumni and working professionals in degree-granting programs to attend. No registration is required; check the CDC calendar and in Handshake to learn about upcoming workshops. If you are unable to attend a workshop you can access the PowerPoint through the event posting in Handshake.