- FALL CAREER FAIR UPDATE: The CDC will be hosting a Fall Virtual Career Fair series across six dates in September utilizing the Brazen platform. All dates are for students and alumni from all degrees and disciplines seeking a full-time job, internship, co-op or part-time experience. Join the event in Handshake to get an email notification and receive updates regarding the event. While you can RSVP in Handshake, you will need to register in the Brazen platform to be able to participate. Those links will be added to the event in Handshake in August and sent out via email. 2020 Fall Virtual Career Fair Series Dates: September 17, 22, 23, 24, 29, 30 @12-3pm
- Attend virtual drop ins: Have a quick question? Attend our virtual drop ins through Zoom Monday-Friday 12-4pm, to meet with a member of the Career Development Center (CDC) staff.
- Schedule virtual appointments: Don’t miss out on appointments. These sessions will be hosted virtually, with screen sharing capabilities. Go to Handshake to schedule an appointment. If this is your first time scheduling an appointment in Handshake, check out this tutorial on appointments in Handshake. We are now offering job offer appointments within a 24 hours period, if you need a job offer appointment please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Resume and cover letter critiques: We will still be able to provide resume and cover letter feedback virtually, as well as personal statements. You can Schedule an appointment in Handshake, selecting the "Application Materials" appointment option. You can also e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com and you will receive feedback within 4-5 business days.
- Attend virtual career workshops and events: There are a number of virtual career fairs coming soon. Follow this link to go to our events page in Handshake and search for events. Information on how to access the sessions remotely will be included in the event. Keep checking back as new events become available.
- Has your position moved to working remote? Check out our Working Remote Checklist
- Have questions not covered above? Check out our CDC Resource Library or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-ins give you the opportunity to ask quick questions, get your resume or cover letter critiqued, learn about Handshake, and more.
Drop-ins don’t require an appointment; instead, you’ll be able to see a CDC staff member on a first-come, first-served basis. Attend our virtual drop ins through Zoom Monday-Friday 12-4pm, to meet with a member of the Career Development Center (CDC) staff.