- Schedule virtual appointments: Don’t miss out on appointments. These sessions will be hosted virtually, with screen sharing capabilities. Go to Handshake to schedule an appointment. If this is your first time scheduling an appointment in Handshake, check out this tutorial on appointments in Handshake. Appointments are now offered within a 24 hour window. If you have an urgent question, and need to speak with a CDC staff member sooner, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Resume and cover letter critiques: We will still be able to provide resume and cover letter feedback virtually. You can Schedule an appointment in Handshake, selecting the "15 min Cover Letter Critique" or "Resume Critique - 15 min appointment or drop-in". You can also e-mail your resume or cover letter to email@example.com and you will receive feedback within 4-5 business days.
- Attend virtual career workshops and events: There are a number of virtual career fairs coming soon. Follow this link to go to our events page in Handshake and search for events. Information on how to access the sessions remotely will be included in the event. Keep checking back as new events become available.
- Has your position moved to working remote? Check out our Working Remote Checklist
- Have questions not covered above? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop-ins give you the opportunity to ask quick questions, get your resume or cover letter critiqued, learn about Handshake, and more.
Drop-ins don’t require an appointment; instead, you’ll be able to see a CDC staff member on a first-come, first-served basis. Please bring paper copies of your resume and cover letters when you stop by. Drop-ins are only open to current undergraduate and graduate students.
Peer to Peer Drop In Topics:
Resume Critique, Cover Letter Critique, Handshake Overview, Employer Follow Up, Career Fair Prep, Thank You Note.