You can use CareerShift to create folders to store jobs, companies, and contacts you’d like to use during your career search. You can also use the My Jobs, My Contacts, and My Companies tabs to search for jobs, contacts at particular companies or organizations, and companies you’d like to learn more about.
Vault.com provides in-depth intelligence on what it’s really like to work within an industry, company, or profession—and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want.
Vault provides detailed information on nearly 5,000 companies in more than 120 industries. Vault also provides extensive information on more than 840 professions. This includes education requirements, skill requirements, salaries, advancement prospects, and more.
GoinGlobal is a perfect job-searching tool for both international and domestic students.
- The Country Career Guides section includes country-specific information, resources, and tips for finding internships or full-time employment in other countries
- The USA/Canada City Career Guides section offers career and employment resources for some of the largest cities in North America
- The Job Postings and Internship Listings section allows you to search for opportunities in the United States and around the world
- The H-1B Information Section allows international students to search the H-1B database to view companies who have submitted H-1B visa petitions.
The Versatile PhD is a web-based, woman-owned, socially positive business that helps universities provide graduate students with non-academic professional development.
The Versatile PhD website includes a supportive community of over 60,000 like-minded people, access to job listings and the member directory, and the PhD Career Finder, an interactive tool that lets users explore careers based on their academic discipline. The “Real Life Examples” on every career page in the PhD Career Finder, presents detailed inside information about each career represented, offered by PhDs and ABDs actually in those careers: their stories, advice, inside information about their fields, even the resumes and cover letters they used to get their first jobs in these fields.
Guides you through a reliable, intuitive, career and education decision making model to help you choose majors offered at WPI, explore occupations, and make informed career decisions.
Focus2 contains five quick self assessments (work interest, personality, leisure, values, and skills) which help you to identify possible careers and majors of interest. To take any of the self assessments:
- Create a Focus2 account and agree to Focus2 terms and conditions
- Enter the license code displayed in Handshake.
Once you’ve taken the assessments, it’s strongly recommended that you schedule an “Focus2 Self Assessments” appointment with a CDC staff member to discuss your results, and learn about additional steps and resources.