Upperclass Housing Selection
We know that with housing selection comes lots of questions; to help, we’ve compiled answers to some of your most common concerns.
- East Hall & Salisbury Estates will be available to only Juniors and Seniors through the upperclass housing selection process.
- Housing groups of juniors and seniors that include even one sophomore will not receive a time for East Hall and Salisbury Estates.
- Messenger Hall is our newest residence hall which houses 140 upperclass students will be available during housing selection. Residential Services is prioritizing rising sophomore status students to occupy this building. If you are a rising sophomore interested in living in Messenger make sure to form a 1 or 2 person group.
- All upperclassmen housing is Gender Inclusive. This means you choose who you live with – independent of gender.
- We will be expanding our term housing offering for students who will be going on project for a term during the 2018-2019 academic year. In order to receive the benefits of term housing you must reside in the spaces designated by Residential Services. Students will reside in the house (Schussler House/Hackfeld House/Elbridge House) during terms not on a project, completely move out of the house during the term away (including all belongings), and not be charged for housing for the term they are not at WPI. Please refer to the Housing Selection Timeline for deadlines, and contact Residential Services if you are interested to reserve a space in term housing.
- If you live in Ellsworth, Fuller, East, Faraday, Schussler House, Hackfeld House, or Elbridge House it is encouraged to choose a residential or voluntary meal plan, however it is not required.
- In housing selection, we have over 1,000 upperclass spaces available on campus, which means if you want housing, there is a very good chance an accommodation you desire will be available to you through the selection process.
- There is no risk to signing up for housing selection. You are only billed if you or your group leader select housing during selection week.
- Upperclass residents enjoy residential parking lots close to their buildings. Faraday residents have a dedicated parking lot adjacent to the building.
- Residential Services has many opportunities both online and in person for you to find people to fill in your groups. Make sure to be proactive throughout the process to find the number of people that fit the space size you would like. Check the calendar below for upcoming events.