- Large events that normally attract large numbers of guests to WPI, including the career and global fairs, Homecoming and Family Weekend, will not be held on campus during fall semester, and will instead look to utilize virtual technologies.
- Attendance for events will be capped at a max of 25 people, including hosts and service providers. All attendees must also adhere to WPI’s strict health and safety protocols. Maximum attendance numbers may change if the state guidelines change.
- If hosting an event on campus, responsibilities include creating and maintaining a registration roster for every event to track attendance, providing approved hand sanitizer (60% or more alcohol content) to guests, and being present at the event to assist with onsite social distancing monitoring. Services may also be restricted or limited. Rental furniture and external food vendors are prohibited. Chartwells must be used for catering and audio/visual equipment can be arranged through the Academic Technology Center (ATC).
Club Sports and Intramurals
The Department of Physical Education, Recreation and Athletics and Student Activities Office will work on a case by case basis with club sport leaders to discuss possible adjustments to meet social distancing and safety practices, where possible. Intramural activities will be offered remotely in the fall. Learn more about Athletics.
WPI is not hosting in-person campus visits at this time. Undergraduate Admissions is hosting a variety of virtual information sessions, student-led virtual campus tours, personal interviews and academic department overviews.
Use of Event Spaces
- All locations, including conference rooms, will have reduced capacities and de-densified seating.
- The Rubin Campus Center and other common area gathering spaces may have limitations subject to public health orders.
- Some event spaces may be repurposed for academic use.
- Additional time will be planned between events in the same location to ensure sufficient enhanced cleaning between events.
External Group Events
External events, such as conferences, competitions, and performances, will not be allowed on campus this fall. No external visitors will be allowed at any event.
External Visitor Policy for Events
No external guests will be allowed. External speaker/performer will be limited to one (1) per event and must be pre-approved.