Additional adjustments to our operations may be needed based on updated guidance and public health trends. We recommend you check back regularly for the latest updates.
What You Need to Know Now
- Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear even before a test can detect the virus--so you may get a negative test even if you've got symptoms. Learn more here.
- WPI requires one weekly COVID-19 test for all students, faculty, and staff, instead of the two tests currently required. If you would like to continue to test two times weekly, you may do so.
- Any students experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should immediately get a rapid test at the Hackfeld rapid testing site or, if symptoms are concerning, contact Health Services at 508-831-5520 during normal business hours to make an appointment to be seen.
- Individuals who are close contacts should continue with routine testing at Harrington Auditorium and get tested (also at Harrington) five days after exposure. If symptoms develop, get a rapid test as soon as possible at the Hackfeld site.
- Employees with symptoms should contact their primary care provider, or they may make an appointment for a rapid test as well.
- If you have recently had COVID-19, you are exempt from routine testing at Harrington Auditorium for 90 days. If COVID-like symptoms develop within that 90-day period, contact Health Services or your primary care provider for testing instructions.